Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One of the most talented and inspiring person i've ever met....



Recently there is an event that i took part in helping out to promote deaf artist to the public and exposing their talents to the public. Interesting event and it was really a meaningful event for me. What really catches my attention was this lady (as shown above) who is actually deaf and blind!!

What she is doing is that, she is making some paper art work and it takes a lot of feeling and focus to properly do a nice paper art work. As you can see, all the items that are displayed is all made by her. Can you imagine, being deaf and blind at the same time? I don't think I can live my life if i ever became blind or deaf.

How does she communicate? Well, I have to hold her hand, and sign to her. Really a challenging task. Anyway, this lady is actually born deaf, and she was a teacher teaching deaf students. She became blind after giving birth to her second child. It was pretty hard for at first when she was blind, but she didn't give up. She wanted to make herself useful, and she picked up this paper art work, when she is blind. She told me that, when she first became blind, she just kept on crying and crying and crying. But after all the hardship, she decide to smile again, she decide to continue on living, and be happy about her life. And she actually smiled at me, which is a very beautiful smile. Imagine such strength and determination she have. I was really touched about her story.

After talking to her and after telling me her story, it really kept me thinking about how blessed we all are, and how we should appreciate life more. So many people keep complaining about their life that its not fair and there's nothing to live for, well they should think again. There's so many things in life that we should appreciate and we should continue on living it to our fullest, and don't forget to give back to the needy. :)

"What is the answer to life? Live it out,appreciate it without abusing it and sharing the joy with others."

3 comments:

Josephine said...

She never give up.
We must learn from her.

Pete said...

Good motivational story.

*duck rice in my blog, response to your comment. Sunrise is nicer.

joycy said...

wow!I remember one deaf picnic where we went and had to be blindfolded. Then someone signed and we had to 'feel/touch' the sign. It was tough! I really salute her.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template