Monday, August 4, 2008

Deaf Art Expo-se 2008


Last weekend was quite a tiring weekend. I was involved in an event. It's the first ever DEAF ART EXPOSE in Malaysia, and I'm happy that I was involved in it. Ohh, I've been involved in some deaf work since a few years back, and I think this was one of the most meaningful one that I've been.

The Organization that organized this event is RC Deaf Mission. Founded 2 years ago and the things that they do, really have helped a lot of deaf people. Especially in creating employment opportunity and some side incomes for the deaf. The full information about them can be viewed at here:

What was this event all about?
This event was to support the deaf artist work and also promoting the work that is designed by them. You should see some of their works, their so creative. The most impressive ones are the batik paintings and the colour paintings. Really an eye opener to see their work. :)

The event started on the 1st of August until 3rd of August 2008 in Amcorp Mall. On the first day, a deputy minister actually came to help officiate and launch this event. Each day we have mime acting, teaching sign language, lion dance, video presentation, and on going sales to promote the deaf artist work. I'm so glad to meet a lot of people supporting the deaf cause and this experience to me is truly wonderful. :)


"Never judge a book by it's cover"

4 comments:

joycy said...

Wow! Such a big event. It should have been a wonderful event. Congrats to you too.

Josephine said...

Ya, i still remember you teach me sign language!

Edward said...

Joycy: Yupz, it was really fun. Get to meet a lot more deaf artist and more people who are interested in sign language. :)

Josephine: Want to learn more? Could recommend you my teacher who is in Singapore now. :P

Josephine said...

no need la. I sleep also got no time. Needless to say learn something new.
But anyway, thank you!

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template