Monday, August 11, 2008

Risk takers and non-risk takers

I always wonder, if risk takers are better or the non-risk takers is better. Recently I got a friend who just got a new job. Well he was offered a job which he is comfortable in but a lower pay and another job which is something new to him but at a higher pay of about 1000 bucks. Guess which one he took? He took the lower one.

Well, I'm happy that he got a job. That is most important. But when i was giving a thought about it, I just wonder, is it really that save to be in our comfort zone all the while? I mean isn't that more risky? I can't help but to do some check ups and putting some thoughts onto it.

If I were in that kind of situation, I believe i would take the higher paying job. Though its a new technology, but if that technology prosper, I'll prosper too cause I'm already in it and I'll be in demand. But if I'm all the while in my comfort zone of doing the same technology, will i grow further? Will I be able to learn more new things? I mean, no doubt that I can be more specialize in what I do and be even more knowledgeable in my own technology, and probably make even more out of it.

The question then comes back to me again. The risk that you are taking, is depending on the things that we want in life. And depending on which one that we take would give us a higher chance to reach our goal. Thus, that is the risk we need to put into consideration when we are making this kind of challenging DECISION.

Later on, I have a conversation with my friend on what I'm doing now. And he told me that he won't do what i did, to get out of work and try to do something on my own. Something like that is not really an option for him. To him it's more on security that counts. I told him we are both on different worlds! A risk taker (me) and a non-risk taker (him). Guess what? This friend of mine, is one of my closest friend to me. :P


Thats why some times they say, "The opposite attracts".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey....the lower paying job punye boss is hot la!! :-p

Edward said...

ahh, that explains it. Like i said, it all depends on what you want in life. :)

Just make sure you are happy about it, and move on from the *past offer*.

Cheers.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template