Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Time for a change

Ok, something really hit me hard today. Well not physically, but something that I didnt realize that I should have done ages ago!!
Argh!

Anyway, I went out for dinner with a friend today. She's suppose to pass me some book on lingzhi. Some health stuffs, which I wanted to find out further. I picked her up and we were discussing on where to go. Finally we decided to eat Nasi Lemak at Paramou (Fantastic Nasi Lemak there).

Then she told me that I was bad influence to her after our dinner. And I asked why? Since she liked the food and we all had a good time eating. Then she told me that this is very high cholesterol. And she gave me some long talk about living healthy and etc etc etc....

Well, I know that I've been ignoring this, but today it hit me right on the head. When we talked about my family history and all, she told me that I'm under very high risk factor because my dad have heart blockage, my mum have high cholesterol, my grand father pass away because of a heart attack, and my eldest brother have high cholesterol. She was practically shocked that I'm not taking care of myself.

I only realize it after she told me that and I really need to do something it. I mean it shows already that it's all in my family and if I don't do something about it, I think i'll migrate to another world at a very age. Scared I AM, but I hope I'm not too late.

Starting tomorrow, I'll start off by cutting all the fatty foods, fried chickens (I love most) and sweet drinks. Urgh, giving up good food is hard, but this is something I have to try to go through now.

Thats why they say, "You are what you eat", and that is so true.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Josephine said...

Want to cut down fatty food meh?
I feel like eating Fried Chicken leh.
Then this Saturday how? Only drink plain water?

Edward said...

Lol,
Should give it a shot man

aiyah, can order things like this mah:
Teh Tarik kurang manis
Limau Panas kurang manis
Etc Kurang manis.

:P

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template