Thursday, July 3, 2008

A trip to IPIK

Yesterday is not a working day for me. I went to IPIK (Institut Pengurusan Ilmu Khas) for some volunteer work there. Thought of just sparing some time to do what I can do help out. I'm sure you all heard of YMCA before, they have some stuffs to do there at IPIK and i go in as a volunteer to help sell things for them.



What is this IPIK all about? IPIK trains people to help the disabled when they graduate. Wow, i didn't know that something like this actually exist. There's a lot of good people out there. Here's the booth that we setup for YMCA to sell some deaf stuffs.





The interesting part is, a Datin actually comes to this event. Usually most VIPs would send in their assistants or their representative to go for most of the events that is unimportant to them (Especially events that does not make money). Thus,I'm quite happy to see a Datin who really turned out. :)
Here's a photo of her greeting others as she is walking into the hall. Her name is Datin Asariah, looks like a very nice lady.



The next part that i enjoyed for this volunteer is that, they provide food in the morning, lunch and also tea time. Well, I guess thats how government event / meetings / training works. Feeding us with foods and making us happy. Then i realize, eh where all these money comes from? Ahh. its from us, the CITIZENS. All the foods we buy kfc, mcds, and etc all have 5% government tax and also the salary of the citizens as well. :(




Once the Datin finishes, then we all packed up and go home as well. Tiring day for me, but a good day to see government run events do their work.


"My greatest wealth is the deep stillness in which I strive and grow and win what the world cannot take from me with fire or sword."

-- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template