Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A good learning experience

Yesterday was quite a busy day. Went to a contact's office to do some work over there. And I think trip is really a worthwhile trip. Anyway, I had to settle some work for this contact at KL Sentral. Sorry, can't name the contact, didn't get his permission to do so.





Anyway, while I was there doing my part of work for him, I couldn't help it but to take the opportunity to tour his office and also get some pointers from him. After all he is already doing his own business, and so I wanted to ask him further about business.






You see, what i learned from him is that, the world is all about Leveraging our work, working smart. Two very important points he told me:

1. 80/20 pareto principles. Concentrate on 20% which can generate 80% results. If you realize what you are doing is 80% which generate 20% result, then we need to rethink and rework our strategies. (Guess what, I think I'm mostly doing 20% work and getting 80% results, OH DEAR!!!)

2. Offline and Online world media is very different. He asked me to leverage and utilize my offline network / connections to make money and then moving on to the Internet world. Make sure I'm creating a good profile for myself at the same time. (Guess I'm not leveraging enough).Also, apparently, recession will be hitting us by end of the year. Which I was advised to make as much money as I can and save up for it.

(On a side NOTE)
I like the working environment there, (No I'm not going to be a staff there, just doing a short freelance work there), check out the meeting rooms and also the guest area.
(End of side note)





Well after speaking to him, i went back to finish off my work for him and then rush back home before the jam starts. Before I took my leave, I thanked him for everything that he shared with me, and I'll be keeping in touch with him for any advise or work to be done for him. It's not always we can meet someone who is willing to guide you or willing to impart knowledge to you, and I'm very grateful about this.
:)


"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template